Let’s face it—there’s nothing worse than finding yourself in a bad mood. It doesn’t matter where it comes from: a hard day at work, family emergency, global pandemic… it all causes the same feelings. Maybe, it’s just your time to be downright sad and/or angry. Keep this in mind, though, it’s completely normal and healthy to embrace your emotions head-on. However, it won’t do you any good to not find ways to sit with your feelings and eventually move through them in a healthy way.
So, if you’re in a bad mood, don’t pressure yourself to move on right away. Instead, find comfort in certain activities that can provide you with a bit of relief, as you take in the interaction, occurrence, or event that made your upset in the first place. Perhaps, you’re unconscious of the reason you are upset –yet, it doesn’t undermine the feeling itself. Whatever the reason, take a look at our list of ways you can beat your bad mood to the punch, process your emotions, and move onto bigger and better things.
• Meditate – Use an app or other self-guided meditation tool to ground yourself in a thoughtful mediation exercise. It will help you to achieve sustained focus on the present moment and far away from negative feelings, thoughts, or physical sensations. If you don’t get it right the first time or the first 50 times, just keep going –after all, that’s the whole point.
• Exercise – Move your body some sort of way, whether it’d be running on the trail by your apartment home, taking a virtual fitness class, or lifting some weights to a YouTube regimen on Fitness Blender. It doesn’t matter which route you ultimately choose as long as you get those endorphins pumping and that sweat flowing. Woohoo! Feel better already, huh?
• Give Gratitude – Make a mental or written list of all the things you are grateful for in your life right now. Although there may be a lot going on in the world and even your individual day-to-day life, it’s always important to think of everything that’s right in your little microcosm. Maybe, it’s your job, life partner, or place you live! Whatever it is, give thanks to it on a daily basis.
• Rest – Veg out on the couch, binge on some Netflix, or catch up on your favorite subreddit There are so many ways to “rest” in this day-and-age. And, if that includes actual sleep for you, go ahead and recharge your mental batteries as much as you need to—within healthy limits, of course. Sleeping all day will definitely not do you any favors— trust us on that one!
• Connect with Friends and Family –Maybe, you just need to hear from the ones you love the most. Even though medical professionals are still advising against gatherings, you can give your best friend, mom, or former co-worker a call when you’re feeling blue. Just hearing their voice or seeing their face on your favorite video chat app is sure to make your day brighter.
At Oxford at the Ranch Apartments in Waller, Texas, we understand your need for an apartment living experience that satisfies all of your needs. That’s why we’re dedicated to keeping you informed of the latest, must-know information!