As we all know, self-care doesn’t end or begin with bubble baths or spa visits. You need to take care of your body and mind in more concrete ways. For example, if you find yourself sitting a lot during the day, it’s important to fit some stretching into your normal routine. By regularly stretching your muscles, tendons, and ligaments, you will support your spine, better your range of motion, and improve your mood! Trust us – once you try these simple stretches below, you won’t regret it.
- Start on the ground on all fours.
- With your big toes touching, spread your knees as far apart as they’ll go and sit your rear back onto your feet.
- Sit straight up with your arms extended above your head.
- On your next exhale, hinge at the waist and drop your upper body forward between your legs.
- Allow your forehead to touch the floor, your shoulders to spread, and your rear to sink back.
- Hold for at least 15 seconds.
- Sit sideways in a chair. Your right side should be resting against the back of the chair.
- Keeping your legs stationary, rotate your torso to the right, reaching for the back of the chair with your hands.
- Hold your upper body there, using your arms to stretch deeper and deeper as your muscles loosen.
- Hold for 10 seconds. Repeat 3 times on each side.
Behind the Back Neck Stretch
- Stand with your feet hip-distance apart, arms by your sides.
- Reach both hands behind your backside and hold onto your left wrist with your right hand.
- Use your right hand to gently straighten your left arm and pull it away from you slightly. To increase the stretch in your neck, slowly lower your right ear toward your shoulder.
- Stay here for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
Oxford at the Ranch Apartments in Waller, Texas